Trellis Chart/Graph in SQL Server 2008 (SSRS)
One of the main aims of reports is to enable comparison between two period, country, areas, sector etc. It is really ability to make the presentation to look nice and catch the attention of the business people.
While making report or graph for comparison we often land up in situation where graph and reports looks mess. And only solution is to break down the graph into smaller pieces (Trellis Chat). You can find better explanation of trellis chart at link http://trellischarts.com/documentation/what-is-a-trellis-chart
To start preparing trellis report open SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, create new report project and add one blank report.
The scenario is I have to show sickness distribution across company’s grade per year per gender.
Columns which I have are
1. Hours booked on sickness
Let’s start the demo.
- On the report design mode configure the data connection.
- Create your dataset to return above 4 columns.(I have written in MDX it can be SQL)
- Drag and drop Martix from Tool Box (I will directly show you the Trellis graph, second table)
- Then drop a chart in Data column
- After pasting the chart add summation of sickness hours
- Add series as gender.
- And now your report is ready